The Little Inventors North 2030 challenge invited all children in the North to become the inventors of tomorrow!
The most ingenious ones were made real by professional makers, designers and artists. They then were exhibited this summer as part of the Great Exhibition of the North! The North 2030 challenge was possible thanks to support from the Reece Foundation.
*Terms and conditions apply to you entering the competition and can be found at the bottom of this page. You must get your parent/guardian’s consent to enter the competition before you submit your entries!
Most recent ideas
Terms and conditions
GREAT EXHIBITION OF THE NORTH 2030 CHALLENGE COMPETITION – TERMS AND CONDITIONS TERMS AND CONDITIONS APPLY TO EACH ENTRY
- If you are the parent or guardian of a child who wishes to enter this competition, please read these terms and conditions on behalf of your child before they enter. Each entrant who is a child must have the consent of their parent or guardian to enter and, by giving your consent, you (the parent or guardian) agrees that the below terms and conditions apply to each entry submitted by your child.
- Each entrant is deemed to have accepted and agreed to be bound by these terms and conditions upon entry. The Great Exhibition of the North reserves the right to refuse entry, or refuse to award any prize, to anyone in breach of these terms and conditions.
- The competition is free to enter and no purchase is necessary.
WHO ARE THE PROMOTERS?
- The promoters of this competition are:
- Little Inventors Worldwide Limited (registration no. 10344685) (the “Little Inventors”). Correspondence address: 26 Granville Court Newcastle Upon Tyne NE2 1QT
- Great Exhibition of the North (registration no. 02281242) (“GEON”). Correspondence address: 9th Floor, Baltic Place East, South Shore Road, Gateshead NE8 3AE.
WHO CAN ENTER AND HOW LONG DOES THE COMPETITION RUN FOR?
- The competition is open to children aged 5-12 in the North (North East, North West and Yorkshire and Humber): a. aged 5-12 years old; and b. provided that the entrant has permission from their parent or guardian to enter, (except employees of Little Inventors or GEON, their families, agents or any third party directly associated with administration of the prize draw).
- Entrants may be asked to provide proof of permission from their parent or guardian to enter this competition. If such proof cannot be provided then unfortunately the relevant entry may be disqualified.
- The competition will run from 31 January 2018 (the "Opening Date") to 16 March 2018 (the "Closing Date") inclusive. All competition entries must be received by no later than the Closing Date. All entries received after 23.59pm on the Closing Date regrettably cannot be accepted.
HOW TO ENTER
- To enter: (i) download the Little Inventors North 2030 challenge presentation available on Little Inventors’ website (www.littleinventors.org) and print out the challenge invention sheet provided in the presentation; and (ii) draw your invention idea on the challenge invention sheet, scan the whole sheet and then upload the scan of your idea(s) in jpeg, png or gif format to the Little Inventors’ website before the competition closes.
- Each entrant may submit up to a maximum of 5 entries but no entrant can win more than one prize.
- Neither Little Inventors nor GEON accept any responsibility for entries that are incomplete, illegible, corrupted or which fail to reach Little Inventors by the close of the competition for any reason (including, without limitation, technical issues).
- Copies of each entry submitted will not be returned.
- In relation to each entry submitted by them, the entrant confirms that:
- the entry is completely their own original work and does not copy or include any third party’s work;
- there are no conflicting agreements in place that restrict use of any images or other works included in each entry submitted by them;
- they grant each of Little Inventors and GEON a perpetual, royalty-free, worldwide licence for the full term of copyright, to use, alter, adapt, publish, distribute, display and sublicense rights in the works contained in each entry submitted by them; and
- they waive all moral rights in and to each entry.
- Each entry may be displayed on the Little Inventors and/or GEON websites (at the discretion of Little Inventors and GEON respectively) and/or on social media and any other electronic media and/or at launch event(s) for Great Exhibition of the North 2030 Challenge.
WHO WILL JUDGE THE ENTRIES?
- Little Inventors will share all entries with GEON. Little Inventors and GEON will be judging the competition together. The winning entries will be those that the judges consider to be the most inventive, creative and original. The decision of Little Inventors and GEON is final and no correspondence will be entered into about it.
WINNERS AND RUNNERS UP
- There will be five winning invention drawings selected for making and displaying at the GEON exhibition 2018. Judging of entries will occur after the Closing Date and the Winner and the Runners Up will be determined by the end of March 2018.
- The prize for the Winner will be: (i) one (1) the most ingenious inventions will be made real by professional makers, designers and artists. (ii) the selected invention ideas that are made real will be exhibited this summer as part of the Great Exhibition of the North, opening 22nd June 2018. and (iii) GEON retain the discretion to determine the exhibition placement which the winning invention ideas will be displayed (e.g. location at the exhibition event.) and the final selection criteria is subject to any required release/consent forms being signed by the entrant and their parent/guardian if applicable.
- The Winners will be notified by email or telephone (using details provided with the Winner’s entry) on or before April 2018 and must provide a postal address within 21 days of being notified of their win in order to claim their Prize. Names of the Winner and Runners Up will also be posted on the Little Inventors website and each entrant consents to such publication by entering the competition.
- All prizes are non-exchangeable, non-transferable and no cash alternative is offered.
- Little Inventors and GEON reserve the right to replace the prize with an alternative prize of equivalent or higher value if circumstances beyond their individual control makes it necessary to do so.
PUBLICITY AND DATA USE
- The Winners may be requested to participate in publicity related to the competition which may include the publication of their name, age and invention ideas in any media. Entrants shall seek permission from a parent or guardian prior to any publication of such entrants details.
OTHER IMPORTANT DETAILS
- Little Inventors and GEON reserve the right to hold void, cancel, suspend, or amend the competition where it becomes necessary to do so.
- Insofar as is permitted by law, Little Inventors and GEON, their agents or distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the winner or accept any liability for any loss, damage, injury or disappointment occurring as a result of entering the competition or accepting a prize.
- The prize draw will be governed by English law and entrants to the competition submit to the jurisdiction of the English courts.